2022.10.22 the marginalian
Maria Popova has been collecting and curating all kinds of eclectic interests and wisdom she shares on her subscription:
This latest edition particularly resonated with me.
For my own recollecting, a synopsis of her 16 Brain-Picking lessons - so far:
1. Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
2. Do nothing for prestige or status or money or approval alone.
3. Be generous.
4. Build pockets of stillness into your life.
5. You are the only custodian of your own integrity.
6. Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.
7. “Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.” - apparently borrowed from Debbie Millman
8. Seek out what magnifies your spirit.
9. Don’t be afraid to be an idealist.
10. Don’t just resist cynicism — fight it actively.
11. Question your maps and models of the universe, both inner and outer, and continually test them against the raw input of reality.
12.There are infinitely many kinds of beautiful lives.
13. In any bond of depth and significance, forgive, forgive, forgive. And then forgive again.
14. Choose joy.
15. Outgrow yourself. - a celebration of accepting change
16. Unself. - a discussion about being findful about social media